Mulch is the product of taking wood waste and shredding it into fine pieces. Once shredded, color may be added. Or, it can be sold as a natural wood color.
In my experience, bulk mulch is superior to bagged mulch. Here are my reasons why:
- Bagged mulch is thicker than bulk mulch. Bulk mulch is usually shredded finer and looks better in your garden beds.
- Bulk mulch dye usually lasts longer than bagged. (After a good rain, ever notice the color of your mulch wash away?)
- Bulk mulch is significantly cheaper than bagged.
- Bulk mulch does not leave you with any plastic bags to discard. (Take care of our environment!)
Cons of Bulk Mulch:
- You need to have a good supplier who uses good techniques and dye.
- You need at least a pickup truck to pick up the mulch or pay to have it delivered in some circumstances.
- There is more spillage to clean up with bulk mulch.
What do you think? Do you prefer bagged or bulk mulch?